Monday, December 23, 2013

Travels 2013: A Look Back


This year was easily one of my favorites so far. Here's a look back at all the places I visited that made it so great.




Beginning the year, was a trip with my dad to my old stomping grounds.
But more like crawling grounds. I lived in Clearwater, FL till I was two. Nothing like seeing all the places your parents used to hang out at, the house you spent your first few years in, and old landmarks of the city. Not to mention, the incredible ice cream shop that I visited more than once upon my visit. Dairy Kurl, you'll always have a special place in my heart.



---------------------------


Next on the list (doing these in chronological order) is Charleston, SC. Being my first time visiting, I was immediately impressed with the historical vibes of the city. In fact, when thinking of this beautiful city, a few words come to mind: historical, old cars that I want, incredible food, and of course, outdoorsy. Biking and walking around the city was my favorite part of this particular trip, rounded off by a visit to Indigo and Cotton (not pictured). I owe it to them for making me find the best shirting co. in all the biz, Gitman Vintage. Anyway, looking forward to experiencing Charleston's charms again soon. 


--------------------------------------


This year, Nashville stole my heart. Having been up there countless times over the past 12 months, I am satisfied to say I have found a home away from home. From the incomparable feeling I get as I stroll down 12th south, to playing shows with my friends in Phin (CHECK IT OUT), Nashville now has some of my fondest memories. I can't go to this city without a quick visit to Imogene + Willie, Baja Burrito, or one of the many coffee shops that all have something special about them, whether it's the drinks or the environment. I hope to see more of this city in the coming years and can't wait to fall even more in love with it. 




-------------------------------


Ok, just a few more. Thanks for sticking with me. I just want to start by saying: RICHMOND, VIRGINIA. Thank you for Need Supply Co. But seriously, such a dope store, with tons of solid, American brands. Although I only spent a few hours in this city, Carytown is the actual neighborhood, they were some of the best hours of my life. I grabbed some lunch at a café down the street, walked into Need and gawked at everything there, grabbed a few items, and got the heck outta there before I spent all of my money. I rounded it off with a quick stop in Can Can Brasserie. ALSO, two old Porsche 911s rolled up next to Can Can as we were eating. I was losing it at that point. (Haha) I left my phone in my friend's car before I went to the airport that morning, but luckily I had a disposable camera to try and capture the essence of the visit. Richmond, I'm coming back.




--------------------------------




Lastly, I visited Canada. Nova Scotia to be exact. Although the conditions under which I went might be strange to some, I thoroughly enjoyed my first time in a different country. It was full of beautiful scenery, an amazing sandwich that I ordered more than once at a small café called Chatterbox, and a chance to learn what those Canadians are all about: Tim Horton's and hockey. I hope to visit another part of this fine country soon. But I definitely managed to enjoy myself several thousand miles from home. 











No comments:

Post a Comment